NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations (23 NYCRR 500)
New York is one of the biggest financial hubs in the world; as you can imagine where there is sensitive financial information, there are people who want to get their hands on it. It is for this reason major financial firms operating in New York will face stiff cyber security obligations under the new New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulations (23 NYCRR 500).
This regulation applies to firms holding a banking, insurance or financial services licence to operate in New York. 23 NYCRR 500, and has been effective as of March 1st 2017.
Key dates for compliance:
- February 15, 2018 – Deadline for Covered Entities to submit first certification under 23 NYCRR 500.17(b)
- March 1, 2018 – One year transition period ends, must be in compliance with sections 500.04(b), 500.05, 500.09, 500.12, and 500.14(b)
- September 3, 2018 – Eighteen month transition period ends, must be in compliance with sections 500.06, 500.08, 500.13, 500.14(a), and 500.15
- March 1, 2019 – Two year transition period ends, must be in compliance with section 500.11
Find our more in our fact sheet which includes:
- 23 NYCRR 500 overview
- Key dates for covered entities
- Key tasks for compliance
- How Boldon James can help
Please complete the adjoining form to request it.