Forrester Report: Shift From Privacy Readiness To Sustained Compliance
Roadmap: The Data Security And Privacy Playbook
February 6, 2020
By Enza Iannopollo with Amy DeMartine , Elsa Pikulik , Madison Bakalar
New privacy rules are popping up all over the world. Increasingly, security and risk (S&R) and privacy professionals believe that maintaining compliance with global privacy regulations is one of their top challenges. Read this report to learn the steps to take to shift from privacy readiness to sustained compliance and respond appropriately to the ever-evolving privacy landscape.
- Stringent Privacy Rules Are Emerging Worldwide
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is only one of many existent and upcoming privacy regulations that include stringent requirements. Firms need a worldwide privacy strategy to respond adequately.
- Translate Privacy Requirements Into Operations For Sustained Compliance
- S&R and privacy pros who invest in the creation of comprehensive privacy programs with supporting technology that translate legal requirements into operations will be successful over time.
- Third-Party Risk Is The Next Big Concern
- Third-party risk management determines the failure or success of your program — not just in the world of security, but also in the adjacent world of privacy. Current practices are underdelivering, and S&R and privacy pros must act quickly to avoid being involved in the next privacy scandal.