EU GDPR Where to Start? Practical Tips to Protect your Critical Data Assets
Duration: 45 minutes
Speakers: Shane Murphy, Policy Manager at techUK | Nicola Hermansson, Director & Data Protection Leader at EY | Martin Sugden, CEO at Boldon James
The EU GDPR will require businesses by 2018 to focus on identifying and protecting sensitive personal data of EU Citizens, with 50% of global companies saying they will struggle to meet the rules set out by Europe unless they make significant changes to how they operate.
In this webinar, experts from EY and Boldon James will share practical insights for organisations of all sizes to help them start to prepare for the EU GDPR, and why adopting a data-centric security approach will help youimprove data governance, reduce the risk of data loss and lower compliance costs.
What you will learn:
- Key things you need to know about the EU data protection regulation changes
- Top tips to start preparing for the EU GDPR
- Insights on what other organisations are doing to prepare
- Data security first. Why perimeter security is dead
- Establish the right foundations: Why a good cyber security strategy starts with the data
- The role of data classification in protecting critical data assets