All UK government and Public sector organisations are required to comply with Her Majesty’s Government Security Policy, as set out by the Cabinet Office Security Policy Division. The framework requires security classifications to be applied to all government data files.
In 2014 the classification scheme was revised to create just three classification levels for ease of use.
Failure to comply with GSC may result in the loss of reputation for organisation & unfavourable press coverage, heavy auditing by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and the potential for fines, legal action or loss of funding.
Boldon James Data Classification products deliver compliance with government marking schemes by allowing users to apply protective markings to email and documents, which in turn helps them identify key data & make decisions about how it is stored and transmitted.
When an organisation is required to classify all of their data, the work associated with classifying legacy data can be intimidating. Boldon James Power Classifier for Files offers a mass classification tool that can classify large quantities of legacy data quickly and consistently.
- Providing out of the box GSC policy support for desktop and mobile devices
- Enabling mass classification of legacy data
- Facilitating quick and easy classification of all new messages, documents and files
- Classifying documents without interrupting workflow
- Driving complementary security solutions such as encryption and DLP