How does SAFEmail® Medium Grade Messaging work?
For Defence and Intelligence organisations that need more than standard Microsoft Outlook message functionality but still want to make use of a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product, SAFEmail® offers a way for users to classify your messages and protect them across a variety of messaging environments. SAFEmail® enables you to organise and control a wide range of data from unclassified to highly-classified quickly and easily, and allows you to add elements of service such as checking the recipient’s clearance level before sending.
Seamless integration with Microsoft Office
Users can easily and intuitively classify documents within Microsoft Office making classification a simple process that quickly becomes second natures.
Unparalleled flexibility whatever your security grade
SAFEmail® modules enable you to build the data protection system you need across a range of low to high security classification desktop PCs.
A familiar interface for user training and transition
Familiar user interface means users can easily use SAFEmail® within Outlook and Microsoft Exchange quickly and consistently with minimal training.
Cost effective compliance with the benefits of a COTS solution
SAFEmail® gives you complete confidence that your email systems are fully compliant with STANAG 4406 and other standards, whilst ensuring your investment in technology is cost effective.
Enhanced security with controlled document access
Ensure that only those with the relevant clearance levels are able to access appropriate emails.
- Fully supports the latest Microsoft platforms (Office & Exchange Server)
- Consistent, user-friendly interface
- Cross-checks the validity of the message security label, attachment types and message size prior to message submission
- Implements (S/MIME) signature and encryption features to provide integrity, confidentiality and non-repudiation of message traffic
- Establishes whether the intended recipients have sufficient security clearance to receive messages prior to submission based on security label
SAFEmail® is available in modules for the ultimate in flexibility and cost-effective solutions to customise your COTS package. Modules available include:
- SAFEmail® Labeller – Increase awareness and force users to apply data protection by using SAFEmail® Labeller to enhance your Microsoft Office Outlook client for protective marking and security labelling of your emails.
- SAFEmail® Custom Fields – Apply custom metadata to your Outlook emails to make sorting and protecting your inbound and outbound messages and the data contained within easier.
- SAFEmail® Capability Checker – Capability checking for Microsoft’s Office Outlook client.
- SAFEmail® Security – Increase the security of your emails with signing and encryption capabilities for STANAG 4406 S/MIME formats.
- SAFEmail® Capability Checker for Exchange – Server side messages checks for messages in transit. Be confident your email recipients are cleared for the content in your emails with recipient security clearance checking for Microsoft Exchange.
- SAFEmail® Document Management – Interface with EDRMS to provide central repositories for critical data and improved productivity.
- SAFEmail® Notifier – Stay in control of emails across multiple mailboxes with SAFEmail® Notifier.