How does the Classifier Platform work?
The Classifier Platform provides the architecture for delivery of the Classifier360 enterprise classification system, which blends together the best-practice classification techniques most appropriate to your business.
Delivering unified policy administration across all Classifier products, the Classifier Platform enables the sharing of functionality between individual Classifier products and provides the means for customers and technology partners to rapidly integrate classification into their business processes and solutions.
The Classifier platform is made up of a range of core components and optional products, such as the Power Classifier products and Classifier Reporting, each of which deliver the value of the underlying Platform in a convenient and accessible manner
Fast set up with a single, unified console
The Classifier Platform’s single unified administration console, keeps policy and product set-up time down so you can begin to protect your data quickly.
Futureproof with a highly extendable framework
The modularity of the Classifier Platform enables you to rapidly add components or interoperate with other systems with ease as the security needs of your business evolve.
Increased consistency of labelling and policy enforcement
By automating the labelling and policy enforcement with Classifier Platform, classification becomes more consistent and therefore more effective across all of your data formats.
Cuts down on administrative time
Classifier policy configuration can be synchronised with external applications to avoid time-consuming manual configuration.
Unify your Security Solutions
Ensure that classification metadata can be both read and applied consistently by third-party security tools, ensuring that all your security solutions share a common understanding of data classification
Leverage Information Management
From custom scripts to powerful third-party discovery agents, information management tools can automate routine classification tasks and incorporate classification values in their decision processes.
Analytics tools can leverage the detailed Classifier audit data. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools can detect irregular behaviour and raise security alerts. General analysis tools can incorporate Classifier audit data into Governance, Risk and Compliance reports
- Single user-friendly console for unified management, reducing administrative time
- Consistent user experience across all Classifier-enabled products, reducing the need for training
- Easily extendable framework for longevity
- Granular auditing and flexible audit infrastructure
- Policy reuse across products, ensuring consistent classification behaviour across the enterprise
- Automation interface for classification, supporting automated classification by third-party tools e.g. DLP Discovery agents
- Automation interface for configuration, synchronising classification configuration with other products and knowledge stores
- Extensible metadata, providing compatibility with third-party products, such as DLP and Data Retention solutions
- Dynamic plug-in architecture for file metadata, speeding adoption of new file types
- Works with: Symantec DLP, Forcepoint TRITON APX, McAfee DLP, Varonis IDU
- Examples: Forcepoint Data Discover, Symantec DLP Discover/Flex Response
- Examples: Splunk, LogRhythm, HP ArcSight, LogLogic
- Examples: Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, IBM Notes, Autodesk AutoCAD