Supporting Access To Your
ICL/Fujitsu VME Systems And OSI-Compliant Devices
Access an ICL/Fujitsu Virtual Machine Environment (VME) system from your Windows computers with our IMPART suite and run an interactive video session, print documents, and transfer files with ease.
Write your own programs to communicate with VME, or other OSI-compliant devices, using a simple read and write interface, with configuration settings managed by the same convenient tools as for the standard applications.
- Communicate with VME and other devices, with your own programs
A simple read and write interface allows you to write your own programs to communicate with VME or other OSI-compliant devices.
- Up to thousands of simultaneous connections to VME
Impart can manage up to thousands of connections to VME all at the same time.
- Single configuration utility
Provides a single point from which to configure, manage and control services access for a network of PCs.
- Can use OSI and TCP/IP networks
- Provides Direct Print (DP), Application Data Interchange (ADI), File Transfer Facility (FTF) & VT320 emulation
- Extensive diagnostic and tracing facilities available
- Uses standard PC communication stacks to communicate with the remote systems/devices
- OSI supports Transport Class 4 including ISO Connectionless Network Protocol (CLNP)
- Can be monitored using the Microsoft Windows performance monitor
IMPART OSI Transport
Accessing VME host or other devices using OSI protocols
The software implements the ISO standard transport protocol to provide reliable communications over local area network connections for both IMPART and customers’ own applications.Customer-written applications can use the IMPART Application Data Interchange (ADI) interface which provides a simple set of functions for reading and writing data and requires the IMPART addressing files, or the Winsock or WinXTI interfaces (ISO 8072), for more precise control.
- ISO 8073 Connection-Oriented Transport Protocol Class 4 over ISO 8802-3 LAN
- ISO 9542 End System to Intermediate System routing exchange protocol (ESIS)
- Support for multiple LAN cards and sub-networks
- A GUI interface for setting OSI Transport and network layer parameters
- ISO 8473 Connectionless Network Protocol (CLNP)
- Dynamic addressing for use when the full CLNP is not used – This is used for environments such as Fujitsu’s IPA3 OSLAN, where there is not a network protocol and therefore no ESIS
- Extensive tracing, diagnostic and statistics facilities
- A choice of application programming interfaces (WinSock/WinXTI)
"User friendly Administration console helps to easily understand and implement classification"
Implementation is rather easier than other competitive products, administration console is also easier to understand and everything relevant to classification is there.
Also there are number of default templates and default messages to use with classification rules.
With unrivalled customer service and best-of-breed data protection and governance solutions,
we are helping many of the world’s most successful organisations take control of their business data.
Everyday, our customers enjoy more effective, secure and streamlined operations -
protecting their business critical information and reducing risk.
We integrate with powerful data security and governance ecosystems.
We protect business critical data, improve data control and reduce risk.
We deliver improved and streamlined business performance.
We are a “safe pair of hands” that constantly deliver success.