Export controls require exporters to be responsible for ensuring that their shipments comply with export legislation. To stay safe, exporters require a solid record keeping systems and procedures in place, thorough training, and clear lines of responsibility.
Most countries have export controls and those controls persist regardless of the number of times the information or product changes hands or is amalgamated into other information or products.
The Export Control Act 2002 and the associated order, the Export Control Order 2008 together underpin English export control legislation. They provide a list of controlled (military or dual-use) items that fall within this legislation.
- Items that have been specially designed or modified for military use and their components
- Dual-use items (those that can be used for civil or military purposes) which meet certain specified technical standards and some of their components
- Associated technology and software
- Goods that might be used for torture
- Radioactive sources
Boldon James Data Classification products support compliance with Export Control regulation by allowing organisations to force users to identify key data & make decisions about how it is stored and transmitted. Boldon James Data Classification products supports Export Control Compliance by:
- Making users aware of their duty of care in relation to Export Control
- Providing document Export Control Classification Number labelling
- Internal ‘check and send’ on the clearance level of users
- Domain clearance checking to ensure information is only sent to correct external organisations
- Automatically applying data security technologies such as email gateways, encryption and rights management to data files as required
Whitepaper: Protecting Sensitive ITAR Information
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI)
Protecting Data Throughout its Lifecycle
Our best-of-breed Data Classification solutions enable organisations to effectively manage data, streamline operations and proactively respond to regulatory change.
MANAGEMENT & MONITORING
With unrivalled customer service and best-of-breed data protection and governance solutions,
we are helping many of the world’s most successful organisations take control of their business data.
Everyday, our customers enjoy more effective, secure and streamlined operations -
protecting their business critical information and reducing risk.
We integrate with powerful data security and governance ecosystems.
We protect business critical data, improve data control and reduce risk.
We deliver improved and streamlined business performance.
We are a “safe pair of hands” that constantly deliver success.