Businesses save data for many different reasons; regulatory compliance, financial reporting, or disaster recovery, which can lead to conflicting and confusing archiving policies. The net result being that users cannot be confident about deletion so end up saving everything, driving up your data storage costs and risking failure to comply with legal obligations.
By involving users in the classification of their data with the Boldon James Classifier suite, it is possible to remove the need for ad-hoc application of data retention and archiving practices. By assigning value to information through classification metadata, retention policies can be enforced automatically, employing third party archiving systems, making your data archiving and retention more efficient, more reliable and easier to use.
- Increased consistency with automatic application of data retention policies
- Reduced cost of data storage
- Increased operational efficiency & effectiveness
- Improved data reliability improves performance of eDiscovery
- Supports compliance obligations for data retention and disposal
- Makes user-driven classification easy
- Increases awareness of data value and sensitivity
- Improved compliance with industry regulations