Estimates suggest between 0.5% and 2% of an organisation’s data is ‘critical’- that it has significant financial value to the company. However this can account for up to 70% of brand value.
Every day your businesses are creating more and more data. Data gets saved, employees move on, data is forgotten and lost. Valuable information sits on your files servers and document stores, not protected and unrecoverable because no-one knows it exists let alone where to find it.
Using data classification helps you regain control over your unstructured data. By involving your users in the classification process, they will automatically become more data-aware, with a greater understanding of your policies and the value of your organisation’s data.
In this webinar, we will take a look at we feel are the 5 key steps towards implementing effective data classification within your organisation, and we’ll cover how classification can also enhance previously implemented tools, such as data loss prevention (DLP) and data discovery tools, data governance tools and more.
- How to identify the crown jewels among your business data
- Discover before you can defend
- How to go about classifying your data
- Once classified, how to then implement adequate security measures
- The continued need to measure and evolve in a rapidly changing marketplace