High Performance X.500 and LDAP Directory Server
Defence Directory is an X.500 and LDAP directory server that allows organisations to store contact details for employees and partner organisations. Messaging clients such as Microsoft Outlook can retrieve contact details from LDAP address books such as Boldon James Enterprise Address Book using the Defence Directory as the LDAP server.
As well as providing commercial directory capabilities, Defence Directory has been designed to comply with standards defined in Allied Communications Protocol (ACP)133. ACP133 defines the directory services, architecture, protocols, schema, policies and procedures to support messaging communications between allied nations, including NATO and the CCEB. Defence Directory can operate as a full X.500 Directory System Agent (DSA) as well as providing LDAP access. It supports the X.500 Directory Access Protocol (DAP), Directory System Protocol (DSP) and Directory Information Shadowing Protocol (DISP) protocols and can be used as a standalone X.500 service or to provide a configuration database for use in a Military Message Handling System. Defence Directory offers high performance, superior scalability (over 10 million entries) and flexible management.
- Provides comprehensive security functionality
- Full ACP133 conformance
- Supports ACP123, ACP127 and STANAG 4406 Military Messaging requirements
- Enables data synchronisation between partner organisations and local directories - including Microsoft's Active Directory
- Includes a comprehensive operational monitoring and management toolset
- Allows flexible replication and replication management
- Mature and robust product deployed for many years in demanding operational environments